So what is a RPA really and what can it do for me and my business?
RPA or Robotic Process Automation is a form of business process automation technology. Software robots or “bots” as we call them are programmed to do certain tasks that are repeatable and mundane.
- open an email
- identify the document type that is attached, let’s say an invoice,
- and based on the fact that it is an invoice, we teach it to scrape certain data such as, company name, address, date, amount, stock items etc.
- The robot can then log into the company ERP or general ledger etc. and capture this data automatically according to certain rules.
What would have taken 10-15 minutes or longer now takes less than 5 seconds and is error free. This frees up your staff to focus on customer facing tasks instead of mind-numbing admin tasks.
What sort of things can robots do?
The below list is some of the things that software robots can do:
- It can login to any application
- Open emails and attachments
- Extract content from documents, PDF’s, emails and spreadsheets
- Scrape data from the web or other applications
- Read and write to databases
- It can move files and folders around
- It can do calculations
- It can connect to system API’s.
Let’s face it there are certain tasks within every business that are downright boring, mundane and your staff hate doing then. What not free them up from these by introducing a robot to assist them.
How do I get started?
If you are not sure where to start in your RPA journey or questioning whether this technology is really as good as everyone makes it out to be, why not speak to us about our Proof of Value offer.
In 10 days we will get your first process automated and you will not have to commit to any software licenses until you have seen the value for yourself. From here we can start building on this success and automating more processes for you.
Depending on what you are trying to achieve from an automation point of view we can add other parts of our hyperautomation offering into the mix if need be. These include technologies like electronic data extraction (OCR), workflow and case management.
We look forward to speaking to you and getting you started on your automation journey.
To start a conversation please click here: CONTACT US
Author: Marilynn Leonard